When to Hire Technicians_Engineers Sales Professionals and Sales Engineers
1.When to Hire Technicians, Engineers, Sales Professionals and Sales Engineers Erick Simpson| Founder & Chief Strategist | ErickSimpson.com
2.Erick Simpson www.ericksimpson.com | email@example.com
3.Planning for Growth CEO Admin Legal Counsel CFO COO CIO/CTO CRO/CSO CMO VP VP Finance Operations VP Service VP Sales VP Marketing Accounting Inventory Sales Marketing Manager Manager HR Manager Project Mgr Service Mgr Manager Manager A/R Inventory Project Marketing Resources Resources HR Resources Coordinator Admin Admin Resources A/P Purchasing Office Project Service Sales Resources Resources Manager Coordinator Dispatcher Engineer Tax Front Office Service Desk Resources Reception Staff Inside Sales NOC Staff Outside Sales Engineers / Appointment Technicians Setter
4.How Do You Know Who and When To Hire First? Next? • Gut Feeling? • Hire Technical Before Sales Resources? • Hire Sales Resources Before Technical Ones? • What About Support and Admin Resources? • FTEs or Contractors? • Interns? • Full-Time or Part-Time?
5.Does Talent or Cost Determine Compensation? • Do You Pre-Determine What You’ll Pay? • Have You Lost Good Staff Because of Comp? • Do You Incent and Bonus for Performance? • Are Your Salary Increases Based On Performance or Something Else?
6.What Does Your Hiring Process Look Like? • Polished, Consistent, Efficient? • Inconsistent, Informal? • Repeatable? • Ill-Defined, Not Followed? • Hire Fast or Hire Slow? • Fire Slow or Fire Fast?
7. Resource Capacity Planning Formula for Sales • Based On • GP Targets • MRR Targets • Required Data • GP or MRR Target • Average GP or MRR Sale Value • Number of Sales Required to Meet Target • Number of Hours Required for Each Opportunity • Number of Hours Available by SP per Month • Number of Available SPs • Sales Closing Ratio
8. Resource Capacity Planning Formula for Sales Engineers • Based On • Number of Sales Professionals • % of Sales Appointments Requiring an SE • Required Data • Number of Appointments Requiring an SE • Average SE Hours Required Per Opportunity • Number of Hours Available by SE per Month • Number of Available SEs
9. Resource Capacity Planning Formula for Service Desk Techs and Dispatchers • Based On • Total Ticket Count Per Year • % of Tier 1, 2, 3 and Onsite Tickets • SLA • Required Data • Total Tickets • Tiering and Onsite Ticket Segmentation % • Time Allotted Per Ticket Type Before Escalation • Number of Hours Available by Tech per Month • Number of Available Techs Per Tier • Number of Available Dispatchers
10. Resource Capacity Planning Formula for Project Managers, Coordinators and Implementors • Based On • Number of Projects Per Year • Average Hours Per Project • Required Data • % of Total Project Manager Time Per Project • % of Total Project Coordinator Time Per Project • % of Total Project Implementor Time Per Project • Number of Hours Available by PM, Coordinator and Implementor per Month • Number of Available PMs, Coordinators and Implementors
11. Resource Capacity Planning Formula for On-Boarding Engineers • Based On • Number of New Clients Per Year • Hours to On-Board Each Client • Required Data • Number of Hours Available by On- Boarding Engineers per Month • Number of Available On-Boarding Engineers
12.R ES O U RC E C A PAC I T Y P L A N N I N G C A LC U L ATO R D E M O
13.Get My Resource Capacity Planning Calculator for Your Business Cards!
14.My Contact Information • www.ericksimpson.com • firstname.lastname@example.org
15.Thank You! www.ericksimpson.com | email@example.com