1.Developing a Successful IaaS Proactive for MSP Javi Perez-Griffo | Director of Engineering
2.Speaker today Javi Perez-Griffo Director of Engineering
4. MSP Trends Cloud Managed services market will double what it was in 2016 in 20211 81% of service providers revenue are for services above the infrastructure level. • Professional services are no a larger part of the revenue profile for smaller providers as they replace their traditional resell and hosting revenue streams with new managed services, while larger organizations are more focused insecurity services2 45% customer implementing cloud prefer that their connection to public cloud is through a service provider3 1. Predator Research Document 2017 2. IDC Service Provider Pulse 1Q21018 3. 451 Research
5. MSP Trends Cloud managed service market will remain relatively immature, and more than 75% of fully successful implementations will be delivered by highly skilled, forward-looking, boutique managed service providers with a cloud-native, DevOps-centric service delivery approach. By 2023, the number of cloud service provider (CSP)-certified companies delivering cloud managed services will shrink to fewer than 1,500 vendors globally, having peaked at about 3,000 in 2020. There will be significant market consolidation in the next five years. Expect that MSPs with less than $100 million in total revenue will be particularly attractive acquisition targets. MSPs rarely deliver true Multi-cloud solutions
6.Classification & Scenarios
7. Musts of MSPs The managed and professional services ecosystem for hyperscale providers is diverse but all need to: 1. Have deep technical expertise with hyperscale providers 2. Effective cloud management platforms (CMPs) 3. Managed services that leverage automation where possible 4. Local knowledge of the business environment and regularity environment.
8. MSP delivery characteristics Hyperscale- Hybrid Hybrid DCO System only MSPs Hosters MSPs providers Integrators founded These MSPs are These vendors These vendors These large, specifically to traditional offer a variety of offer traditional global SIs have provide services managed hosting services, not all of DCO services, but practices that on hyperscale providers; which may be might now also focus on IaaS, or pivoted to however, they cloud-related. have practices delivering value entirely focus also have a However, they that focus on on top of their business on hyperscale cloud have a hyperscale delivering hyperscale cloud these services management cloud-related managed and providers, practice managed and professional including professional services for managed and services practice. hyperscale cloud professional infrastructure services management. Source: Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Service Providers Worldwide 2018
9. Valued scenarios Design solutions that use the cloud provider in a best-practice fashion, regardless of whether the customer is migrating existing workloads or building new cloud-native applications. Help customers use the breadth of the hyperscale platform — including not only IaaS components, but also PaaS components and other higher-order services. Leverage the native management capabilities of the hyperscale cloud provider. Strong emphasis on the role of automation, including the use of DevOps tools and other automation tools that leverage "infrastructure as code." Best-practice approach to cloud infrastructure management, including the use of immutable infrastructure and DevSecOps where viable
10.CloudBlue & Orchestrator
11.Our Story and Strength Access to Orchestration vendor capabilities products & services CloudBlue IaaS Multi-Cloud Orchestrator The Module The Platform driven strategy Application Consolidated templatization billing and invoicing
12. Multi-Cloud is not easy after all? Endless Tedious Infinitesimal Impinged Paperwork Processes Centralized Mgmt Productivity Varying terms, processes, Consolidating billing with lots Lack of integrated tools for Minimal automation with overlap prices, schedules and contracts of overwhelming operations work a unified Cloud experience of resources and processes This happens for every hyperscaler
13.Orchestrator in a Nutshell Orchestrate Automate Bundle infrastructure (compute, deployment of any software a cloud solution that includes network, etc..) on any cloud stack leveraging DevOps tools infrastructure, software and homogenously. license activation deployable anytime anywhere.
14.CloudBlue & Orchestrator Cloud The leading commerce engine Orchestrator IaaS Multi-Cloud Orchestration Subscription Management, Multi-Cloud Infrastructure Reporting & Billing Management and Automation Subscription Management Automated Deployment Multi-Tier, Multi-Channel Mgmt Multi-Cloud Management User Management Monitoring Billing & Invoicing Application Templatization Business Intelligence Multi-Cloud App Orchestration
15. Cloud Application Templates Technology within Cloud Orchestrator that allows us to bundle solutions that include infrastructure, software and license activation deployable anytime anywhere. Where the archive defines: ✓ Networks ✓ Servers ✓ Applications ✓ Customizations ✓ Dependencies ✓ License Activation ✓ VPNs Ability to create 1 click IaaS solutions
17.CAT Demo 1. Create a private network (VPC) 2. Create a public subnet within that VPC 3. Configure a Windows Machine 4. Install Microsoft SQL 5. Download License Key for Veeam 6. Install Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 7. Create Floating IP an attach it Veeam Server
18. Thank You Javi Perez-Griffo Director of Engineering firstname.lastname@example.org @jpgriffo @jpgriffo