1.Programming Tools and Applications
2. Programming Tools • 3D systems – Maya – Blender – Unity – Ogre3D • Libraries – OpenGL – Direct3D
3. 3D computer graphics Data format Examples: • X3D • VRML
4. X3D • X3D is a royalty-free ISO standard XML-based file format for representing 3D co mputer graphics. • Successor to the Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML).  • Features extensions to VRML (e.g. Computer-aided design CAD, Geospatial, H umanoid animation (H-Anim), NURBS etc.) • Encode the scene using an XMLsyntax, the Open Inventor-like syntax of VRML97, or binary formatting • Enhanced application programming interfaces (APIs). • Integrated in HTML5 • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X3D
5. Examples 3D CAD model A NURBS curve
6. X3D profiles • for various levels of capability • X3D Core • X3D Interchange • X3D Interactive – enables basic interaction with a 3D environment • X3D CADInterchange • X3D Immersive • X3D Full
8. Graphics Libraries • OpenGL – a cross-language, multi-platform application pro gramming interface (API) for rendering 2D and 3D vector graphics. The API is typically used to interact with a graphics processing unit (GPU), t o achieve hardware-accelerated rendering. • Direct3D – a graphics application programming interface (API) for Microsoft Windows.