Finding your pulse for a global enterprise communications nervous system_William Mclane
1.Pulsar Summit - Messaging & Streaming Everywhere Finding your pulse for a global enterprise communications nervous system! William McLane - Messaging Evangelist email@example.com
2.We Are Going To Start Our Morning With A Little Experiment
3.Feel Free to Participate If you like! • Grab a blank piece of Paper • Grab a Pen or a Pencil Listen Carefully
4.1.) On the right hand side of the page make a vertical rectangle about 1/3 taller than it is wide.
5.2.) Next to the vertical rectangle make a horizontal rectangle about 1/3 wider than it is tall, attach the horizontal rectangle to the left side of the vertical rectangle at the bottom
6.3.) In the front of the horizontal rectangle make a right triangle coming off the left hand side of the horizontal rectangle like a pointy nose
7.4.) At the bottom left corner of the horizontal rectangle make a circle that starts at the corner of the horizontal rectangle such that half the circle is inside the rectangle and half the circle is below the rectangle.
8.5.) Make a small circle inside the circle you just made.
9.6.) At the bottom right corner of the horizontal rectangle make a circle that starts at the corner of the horizontal rectangle such that half the circle is inside the rectangle and half the circle is below the rectangle.
10.7.) Make a small circle inside the circle you just made.
11.8.) At the bottom center of the vertical rectangle make a circle that starts at the bottom of the vertical rectangle such that half the circle is inside the rectangle and half the circle is below the rectangle.
12.9.) Make a small circle inside the circle you just made.
13.10.) In the middle of the vertical rectangle make a square that the top of the square is about 1/3 from the top of the rectangle and the bottom of the square is about at the halfway point of the vertical rectangle
14.11.) On top of the vertical rectangle make a small thin wide rectangle that slightly overhangs the vertical rectangles sides.
15.12.) On top of the horizontal rectangle make a small square about the same size of the previous square you made, the square should be slight off set from the left edge of the horizontal rectangle.
16.13.) On top of the square make an equilateral triangle that very slightly overhangs the edges of the square you just drew.
17.What Did You Draw Vs. What Was described
18. Where Did Things Break Down? Poor Instructions? Not Enough Information? Didn’t Listen Closely Enough? Misunderstanding?
19. Let’s Face It, Communication Is Hard Breakdowns In Communication Are At The Center Of Most Of Our Problems
20. Introductions William McLane Messaging Evangelist, TIBCO Software Inc. TIBCO’s Messaging Evangelist with a background in Computer Science and Communications working on messaging and streaming communication for over 20 years
22. What Was TIBCO Messaging ® Multiple Messaging Products Built For Defined Purposes TIBCO TIBCO Rendezvous ® TIBCO FTL ® SmartSockets ® Multicast based The highest performing, Server based communications that low-latency, enterprise and communication, built by revolutionized Wall Street cloud-ready messaging Talarian for high and was at the core of The solution performance store and Information Bus Model TIBCO forward models Enterprise TIBCO eFTL ™ Message Service ™ TIBCO® Messaging to web The industry leading JMS- and mobile-based devices based solution for store and with HTML5 and websockets forward messaging services 22
23. What Was TIBCO Messaging Multiple Messaging Products Built For Defined Purposes TIBCO FTL The highest performing, low-latency, enterprise and cloud-ready messaging solution TIBCO Enterprise TIBCO eFTL Message Service TIBCO® Messaging to web The industry leading JMS- and mobile-based devices based solution for store and with HTML5 and websockets forward messaging services 23
24.Challenges around Messaging (Streaming) today Requirements: real-time high-throughput low-latency transactional streaming multi-channel micro-services Multiple solutions and vendors Evolving (cloud & edge) support complexity smart endpoints and dumb pipes vendor maturity & viability complex hybrid-architectures messaging on the edge (IoT)
25. What is TIBCO Messaging Multiple Messaging Components in a fully integrated solution, provided in one single package TIBCO ® Messaging - TIBCO FTL Eclipse Mosquito Apache Pulsar ™ Distribution The highest performing, Connect to IoT devices using Multi-tenant, High low-latency, enterprise and MQTT to any TIBCO® Performance open source cloud-ready messaging Messaging components solution for server-to-server solution TIBCO communication Enterprise TIBCO eFTL Apache Kafka ® Message Service TIBCO® Messaging to web Secure, reliable, open The industry leading JMS- and mobile-based devices based solution for store and source, real-time streaming with HTML5 and websockets data pipelines forward messaging services 25
26. TIBCO Messaging Embracing Open Source What does it mean to support Open Source Software • Open Source Components are first class citizens • Fully support the usage of the generally available Open Source Software from Apache and Eclipse • Support the usage of open source components for usage within TIBCO products (TIBCO® Streaming, TIBCO® Flogo, TIBCO® BW, etc…) and for customers to build their own applications • Contribute to the on-going features and maintenance of all supported Open Source Software components 26
27. With TIBCO Messaging Freedom, Choice, Openness, Flexibility, Purpose Built Design, and Much Much More Apache Pulsar TIBCO FTL TIBCO eFTL TIBCO Messaging - Eclipse Apache Kafka Mosquito Distribution TIBCO Enterprise 27 Message Service
28.Project Flogo™ Project Flogo Open Source Ecosystem for Event-driven Apps 10-50x lighter than 100% open source stack for Common core for all event- Deploy as serverless Build smart applications with Java, .NET, or Node.js all things event-driven driven capabilities functions, containers, or to embedded machine learning IoT edge devices 28 This document (including, without limitation, any product roadmap or statement of direction data) illustrates the planned testing, release and availability dates for TIBCO products and services. It is for informational purposes only and its contents are subject to change without notice. © Copyright 2014-2019 TIBCO Software Inc. All rights reserved. TIBCO Proprietary Information.
29. TIBCO Messaging Simplified Enterprise Backbone Communications TIBCO FTL Apache Pulsar TIBCO EMS • Enterprise communication at scale, fully managed, centrally controlled and fully integrated • Replicated, persisted, high volume, low latency data distribution that acts as the nervous system a global scale 29