Recruiting talent is key to business growth and competitive advantage, but how do you know who to hire next, and when? The solution lies in tying hiring decisions to objective planning metrics. Learn how to hire more confidently, manage operations and take control to increase business profitability
1.When to Hire Technicians, Engineers, Sales Professionals and Sales Engineers Erick Simpson| Founder & Chief Strategist | ErickSimpson.com
2.Erick Simpson www.ericksimpson.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
3.Planning for Growth CEO Admin Legal Counsel CFO COO CIO/CTO CRO/CSO CMO VP VP Finance Operations VP Service VP Sales VP Marketing Accounting Inventory Sales Marketing Manager Manager HR Manager Project Mgr Service Mgr Manager Manager A/R Inventory Project Marketing Resources Resources HR Resources Coordinator Admin Admin Resources A/P Purchasing Office Project Service Sales Resources Resources Manager Coordinator Dispatcher Engineer Tax Front Office Service Desk Resources Reception Staff Inside Sales NOC Staff Outside Sales Engineers / Appointment Technicians Setter
4.How Do You Know Who and When To Hire First? Next? • Gut Feeling? • Hire Technical Before Sales Resources? • Hire Sales Resources Before Technical Ones? • What About Support and Admin Resources? • FTEs or Contractors? • Interns? • Full-Time or Part-Time?
5.Does Talent or Cost Determine Compensation? • Do You Pre-Determine What You’ll Pay? • Have You Lost Good Staff Because of Comp? • Do You Incent and Bonus for Performance? • Are Your Salary Increases Based On Performance or Something Else?
6.What Does Your Hiring Process Look Like? • Polished, Consistent, Efficient? • Inconsistent, Informal? • Repeatable? • Ill-Defined, Not Followed? • Hire Fast or Hire Slow? • Fire Slow or Fire Fast?
7. Resource Capacity Planning Formula for Sales • Based On • GP Targets • MRR Targets • Required Data • GP or MRR Target • Average GP or MRR Sale Value • Number of Sales Required to Meet Target • Number of Hours Required for Each Opportunity • Number of Hours Available by SP per Month • Number of Available SPs • Sales Closing Ratio
8. Resource Capacity Planning Formula for Sales Engineers • Based On • Number of Sales Professionals • % of Sales Appointments Requiring an SE • Required Data • Number of Appointments Requiring an SE • Average SE Hours Required Per Opportunity • Number of Hours Available by SE per Month • Number of Available SEs
9. Resource Capacity Planning Formula for Service Desk Techs and Dispatchers • Based On • Total Ticket Count Per Year • % of Tier 1, 2, 3 and Onsite Tickets • SLA • Required Data • Total Tickets • Tiering and Onsite Ticket Segmentation % • Time Allotted Per Ticket Type Before Escalation • Number of Hours Available by Tech per Month • Number of Available Techs Per Tier • Number of Available Dispatchers
10. Resource Capacity Planning Formula for Project Managers, Coordinators and Implementors • Based On • Number of Projects Per Year • Average Hours Per Project • Required Data • % of Total Project Manager Time Per Project • % of Total Project Coordinator Time Per Project • % of Total Project Implementor Time Per Project • Number of Hours Available by PM, Coordinator and Implementor per Month • Number of Available PMs, Coordinators and Implementors
11. Resource Capacity Planning Formula for On-Boarding Engineers • Based On • Number of New Clients Per Year • Hours to On-Board Each Client • Required Data • Number of Hours Available by On- Boarding Engineers per Month • Number of Available On-Boarding Engineers
12.R ES O U RC E C A PAC I T Y P L A N N I N G C A LC U L ATO R D E M O
13.Get My Resource Capacity Planning Calculator for Your Business Cards!
14.My Contact Information • www.ericksimpson.com • email@example.com
15.Thank You! www.ericksimpson.com | firstname.lastname@example.org